HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Opening Our Doors
Boston's 10th Birthday Celebration of FREE Arts and Cultural Events
Monday October 10, 2011
BOSTON, MA - Over 60 events including musical, theatre and dance performances, walking tours, art exhibitions and create-your-own-art opportunities, plus films, chalk art, and indoor kite flying are yours to experience on Boston's single largest day of free arts, cultural and academic events! On this 10th birthday celebration of Opening Our Doors, the 21 institutions that make up the Fenway Alliance and 30 community partner organizations welcome neighbors near and far to enjoy an unparalleled array of free activities for everyone - families, couples, students and individuals.
The day officially kicks off at 10:00 AM at the Christian Science Plaza in Boston, located near the intersection of the Avenue of the Arts (Huntington Ave.) and the Avenue of Music (Mass. Ave.). Join us as we officially start the day with special guest speakers, performances by the Boston Children's Chorus, and help celebrate the Fenway - Boston's Cultural District - by joining us in a children's parade, led by the Hot Tamale Brass Band!
The broad array of activities truly offers something for everyone and includes:
- 10th Birthday Cupcake Cake by Kick-Ass Cupcakes, for all visitors celebrating with us on this momentous occasion!
- Glass blowing demonstrations with the Diablo Glass School
- Chalk art with Sidewalk Sam and Artstreet
- THE BIG DRAW at Evans Way Park
- Indoor kite flying with Kite Education
- Marshall's Fenway Farm Stand Pumpkin Patch
- Open House with galleries of Fenway Studios, and
- Musical performances by Zili Misik, and famed children's songstress and musician, Stacey Peasley!
The complete list of activities is now available at the Fenway Alliance website: fenwayculture.org.
In the event of rain the Kick-Off celebration will move to the Sunday School Building on the Christian Science Plaza next to Horticultural Hall.